Sunday, November 17, 2013

IRB Intro Post: 2nd Marking Period

For the second marking period, I have chosen to read the book, In My Brother's Image, by Eugene L. Pogany. My mom suggested it to me (like the last one), and it looks like it will be very interesting. It is about twin brothers living in Hungary during the Holocaust, and the decisions that separate them. I have read a few other memoirs about similar topics, but this one seems like it will be different, because each brother chooses a different path. One becomes a Catholic priest, the other is put into a concentration camp. The book seems to follow the brothers' relationship from their childhood. The author is the son of one of the brothers, so I believe that the point of view will be very different compared to the view of a non-relative.

No comments:

Post a Comment